Sunday, October 25, 2009

3 Lovely Followers - and a Cat

Wow. I just looked, and I have 3 lovely followers - and a cat!

I'm honored (and kinda creeped out) that anyone is following me. This is just my third post, but because of you, I've decided that I like blogging, and that now I'm going to make a concerted effort to be a good blogger. (That 'concerted effort' part is way good for you guys. Really.)

When I first thought about blogging, I really didn't consider that there would be so much interaction with other bloggers. I never read blogs or knew anything about blogs, other than hearing some snarky references to them periodically on the news. So I always thought of blogs as your basic, run of the mill rant-spaces or cyber venting zones where I could just show up, be self-absorbed and cynical, then return to Glenn Beck (not really). I certainly did not expect to be so entertained or become connected. I must admit that now I look forward every day to reading what you all have to say!

Let me give you a wee bit of background ( but mostly make an excuse for what you may experience here). My former day job required that I cater to strangers - with lots of money that I wanted - for 10 or 12 hours a day. So at the end of the day, you could not pay me to interact with another human unless it was food or alcohol-related... meaning that they were bringing me some. Now that I'm a stay-at-home-bum, I've gotten ssssso much better.

Psyche. Now I'm actually going all hermitty. It's just bizarre.

But nevertheless, I'm giving blogging a shot. I've discovered that your blog world here is indeed a fun place to hang out (thanks for letting me in), and even though I'm fairly (stunningly) anti-social, let me say that I'm grateful that you ladies and cat are here with me. You are witty, and smart, and cynical (I hate that about you) and kind. It's the coolest place really.

I just ask that you forgive me when I don't reply to your comments right away. I get distracted easily, so as with my emails, voicemails, and text messages, my responses to comments may get bumped for other activities (such as sleeping, staring out the window or nothing.) Please don't be offended. I hope to be as attentive as you all are someday. I'm not counting on it and neither should you but I'm hoping.

Meanwhile, please remember that I really appreciate you, and that I think you are all scathingly brilliant!
Cheers -

8 comments:

Danica-Dragonfly said...

... Oh - see, "the cat" is where it's at ... Mark is tres cool ... and so is his majesty the cat. Be honored.

I, too am somewhat antisocial (on the inside) people don't readily pick that up from me, but I am - and I was of the same mind regarding blogging. I remember my first "stranger" that started following me - thanks Spot ... I was keyed!!

I look forward to my reading list every single day. I wish the same for you ... and BTW, I'm not really nice - FYI

Mark Price said...

Hmm, catering to strangers with money...lemme see, LMAO you totally described a pimp! You silly thing! You know I already love reading your works. And I know you aren't that busy so I will be expecting my reply's exactly 8 minutes after I post! HUGS! (my stupid word verification is derch) BTW, Danica is nice.

Samson T Cat said...

"Yawn" Hullo old friend! I was totally sleeping when Pete came in and told me you had posted something. Here's the deal, I have read something like a billion blogs and the comments are usually pretty vague so here you go...blah blah blah, you're awesome, blah blah, can't wait to read more,blah bl...Zzzzz

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

Danica, I'm so happy to hear you are not nice. Man... keeping up appearances is such work... ya know?

Mark, are you implying that I am a prostitute? Well, you're right. I'm a total hooker!
(But apparently you are a Derch - ewww.)
Thanks for the compliment, I will try to respond to Everything You Say in a timely manner.
and I figured she was... :)

STC, my favorite Jumbo Kitty ever, right back atcha. Now go back to sleep. (What are you doing up at this hour anyway?)

Bobby Allan said...

I was like you at the beginning of the year. I didn't really GET the whole blogging thing. Were the people who played Dungeons and Dragons the kind of people who blogged? I just didn't know.

Surprisingly, I've made some wonderful friends and I'm usually late for work (like right now) because I spend so much time catching up with everyone. I need a gig like yours.

f8hasit said...

And now you have a 4th.
WooHoo!

It is a pretty cool interaction with others. I've now 'friends' with some really neat people that I e-mail back and forth with all over the globe.
THAT is cool.

May I on behalf of the gazillions of bloggers welcome to the world of blogging!

I see Chrissy, my BFF (for real) is one your followers as well. Yippee!
:-)

kathryn said...

Well. Now that you've entered your disclaimer for not commenting on people's comments, you'll just have to try HARDER.
Yeah, Blogville is a crazy place...filled with many a people with so many an opinion! You've found all the really GOOD ones, though, I can tell, just from the ppl commenting here!

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

Chrissy - Yes! I finish dinner and start reading and the next thing I know that damn rooster is crowing!
f8hasit - How cool that you're here! Thank you for the warm welcome.
Kathryn - Look! I'm responding! Yeah, blog spots are full of opinionated people. It's a good thing I'm not one... /*o*\